October 6, 2010

WTF… Why the face?


"A clown's makeup and character, that's all he has to sell. He loves and believes in that character." Emmett Kelly
For the following ten days this blog will be used to chronicle a Critical Studies assignment in which we have been asked to make a radical, very visible body intervention-to our own body. The purpose of the intervention is to remove ourselves from our comfort zone.
I have decided that for the following ten days I will wear red lipstick. I mean over-the-top, for those who are not afraid to stand out of the crowd, red. I will have to wear this red lipstick at all times, everywhere.
While I can appreciate the aesthetic value of lipstick for those stars who want to be flattered by the red carpet or performers who are adorned with stage make-up, I do not appreciate it on my face, so this should be interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment