This morning I eagerly painted my lips with a rich red paste, but the excitement quickly faded as I struggled to not get it on everything. It seems there is a certain art in wearing lipstick, besides colouring inside the lines perfectly you have to try keep it there. It wasn’t long before I had this gunk smeared across my hand, cellphone cover, teeth and just about anything else I handled today.
I had to borrow a lip compact from my sister:
Merleau-Ponty has said that our bodies are 'the visible form of our intentions,' and Victoria Jackson decided that a suitable name for this lip shade is 'show-off.' Go figure!
The critical stares were less frustrating than I thought they would be, probably because I had anticipated it, but it wasn’t the stare as much as the thought that accompanied it, which concerned me. I have voluntarily dressed my face with a siren, no doubt provoking the minds of on-lookers with questions like: during the day, really?
Merleau-Ponty has said that our bodies are 'the visible form of our intentions,' and Victoria Jackson decided that a suitable name for this lip shade is 'show-off.' Go figure!
The critical stares were less frustrating than I thought they would be, probably because I had anticipated it, but it wasn’t the stare as much as the thought that accompanied it, which concerned me. I have voluntarily dressed my face with a siren, no doubt provoking the minds of on-lookers with questions like: during the day, really?
It is important that I point out on day 1 - I do not appreciate attracting attention as much as I do not appreciate lipstick, hence my overriding feeling today - irritated.

Really like this blog... It would be something I would want to read everyday just to see what type of day your red lips have led you into. As a fellow red lip wearer I know how you feel when you say it gets everywhere- the trick is to become poised with your mouth and sometimes to forget about it but to always re-apply! Although sensual, I think red-lipstick-wearers show strong independent women who know what they want and go into the world with confidence . So go get them- great idea for a blog!
ReplyDelete