It’s Saturday so I decided to keep it literal and simple. Below is a visual representation of brunch:
![]() |
| Water to drink. |
![]() |
| Omelete to eat. |
![]() |
| A side of red lipstick. |
As I have mentioned on day 1, I struggle to not get the red lipstick on everything. This has only become MORE annoying! These 10 days would not be a good time to be hiding as I am leaving a fairly distinct trail. This is the part of the wearing the red lipstick which has been obviously uncomfortable and constantly reminds me that it is something I could not embrace. Simultaneously it makes me marvel at the countless women who DO dress their faces with this cosmetic every day, and for some, it is something they cannot go without.
Something good did come of it though… In the small café at the table across from me sat an elderly, neatly poised woman. I noticed her because of her lips, which were perfectly lined with lip pencil and filled with an equally daring shade. When we eventually made eye contact it was not awkward, instead rewarding. The tone of her expression was that of a proud mother, for at that moment she had acknowledged my statement as one of femininity and power. Lipstick bridged an age gap, and somehow we could relate.
I wore the red lipstick smugly for the remainder of brunch, as if I had just received a merit or gold star from a teacher.



No comments:
Post a Comment